Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I met with the doctor (my current oncologist) and team who are administering this clinical trial on Tuesday, April 2nd. They put me through several tests including an EKG and an ECHO. They also did a bone marrow biopsy and took several vials of blood for tests. This was all necessary to determine if I qualify to be healthy enough (except for my cancer) to participate in this program. On Monday, April 8th I will have a CT Scan, once those results are in I can begin my treatment which is planned for Thursday, April 11th. I get treatments every two weeks. The name of the drug that I will be on is called Nivo Lumab. I look forward to getting started with this new treatment plan. Thank you all for your love and support.

8 comments:

  1. This is great.... I think.... though I hate to see you go through more chemo, but if it zaps that cancer to kingdom come, then it will be worth it. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying this makes you healthy enough to be out and about again soon. We sure miss you at church. You are a great example to so many and it is hard for us to see you suffer through this. We pray for you and your family everyday. You are great people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, hope this new drug does wonders for your immune system! Hope the tests go well--reminds me of a high school teacher that kept telling us, "Life tests you". It sure does, doesn't it?! And you've had more than your fair share lately of all kinds of tests. Good thing you're a top student--you should pass with flying colors!

    love ya!
    Mike and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray for strength and healthy enough a body so you can participate in the new program to get you back on your feet. You and Diane are deeply in our minds and prayers. Know that we love you.

    Dennis & May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky and I love you guys and are praying that this will work for you Doug. You are both an inspiration to all of us and we are praying that this treatment will work for you.

    God Bless,
    Mark and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you the best in this struggle for your health. I was shocked to find out the news of your illness. Thank you for keeping this blog current. It feels good to track your progress and keep up with your treatment. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doug,

    You are in our prayers. Doug Richards sent me a note asking about you. He needed me to send him your blog address again which I did.

    Curt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doug

    Thoughts and prayers. Bless your heart. Keep your chin up. Love to you and your family.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete